Thanks to the amazing Devereaux of Creative Writing of a Baltimorean for this nomination. If you want heartfelt posts and beautiful poetry, his site is definitely worth checking out. My oldest has Aspergers Syndrome, but was diagnosed at a younger age. Reading these posts and seeing the similarities and differences to my own teen’s experiences, makes me appreciate having the chance to connect online like we all do.
So, the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions.
- Tag 11 people.
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
Here are my answers to the questions:
1. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Working back in a library. I should be finished my Library diploma in a few years.
2. What’s more important: courage or honesty?
Definitely honesty, although I guess I could say both in a way. Admitting to fear and being true to yourself takes courage. Honesty can sometimes be frightening.
3. What’s the best place you’ve visited?
I have been fortunate enough to have traveled a lot. It’s a toss up between the UK and my home turf of Nova Scotia.
4. Favorite season?
I am definitely an Autumn girl.
5. Worst memory as a kid?
Being bullied to the point of wanting to give up. My oldest was also bullied when he was younger, and seeing him go through some of the same emotions broke my heart. He’s tough though, and made it through the other side a stronger person.
6. If someone gave you $200 million to stop writing, would you?
No, but I would do it for $200 million and fifty cents. Just kidding. 😉 I gave up writing once and no amount of money would ever have me do it again.
7. Did dinosaurs really exist?
Of course and the coolest part is that some still do! Sharks and crocodiles haven’t changed a whole lot in thousands of years.
8. If you could be president for a day, what’s the first thing you’d do?
Well, it would be Prime Minister in my case, but I am honestly not sure what I would do first. Given the current political climate, I’m glad to not have that responsibility.
9. Worst college experience?
My university life was actually pretty great. Met many of my life long friends there. If I have to pick something, it would be getting so drunk at a BBQ that I don’t remember how I got home. It turns out that it was my new boyfriend who made sure that I was okay.
We now have two teens. 🙂
10. Favorite sports team?
I am not a sports person, but I would have to say Gryffindor’s Quidditch team.
11. Faced against King Kong, pick three animals to fight alongside you.
A bear (for strength), a wolverine (those things can be nasty) and a cheetah (the animal kingdom’s answer to The Flash).
Now my nominees….this was tough to narrow down. There are some amazing people out there. 🙂
…and here are my 11 questions
- What frightens you the most?
- Coffee or tea? (I am not addicted to coffee, I just have a VERY strong appreciation for the bean. 😉 ).
- Have you ever traveled outside your country?
- Would you survive a zombie apocalypse?
- Name one thing on your bucket list.
- What’s the thing that you are most proud of?
- Would you ever travel to outer space?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- If you could have a superpower/mutant ability, what would it be?
- Do you have a phobia?
- Do you use a lot of social media or do you just have your blog (and maybe one other account, such as Facebook).
That was fun! 🙂
Check out my nominees and I look forward to seeing everyone’s answers!
Text © Written In Geek blog (2017) All rights reserved
Pictures © Written In Geek blog, used with subject’s permission or under public domain (2017)-feature image courtesy of Pixabay