My one year anniversary of living in the WordPress blogosphere is in a few weeks (April 11th), so you can imagine my delight when I saw this.
A great big WISH I COULD TAKE YOU ALL OUT FOR A COFFEE, BEER OR WHATEVER OTHER BEVERAGE YOU WOULD PREFER thank you to everyone who follows me, or even just drops in once in a while.
You are all awesome and have excellent taste. 😉
Now, I am writing stuff here that I should probably be saving for my anniversary, but since the opportunity is here, I’m just going to take it.
First, some numbers. Including this one, I have done 118 posts, with over 2,700 views and over 1,400 visitors. My countries list is big, and stretches from here in Canada to the US, the UK, Hong Kong, South Africa, France, Australia, UAE, Russia, Japan….I think that you get the idea. 😉
All that said, I never planned on trying to create a huge blog. This forum is my break from whatever is going on in my life, so that’s exactly how I set it up. I have changed things a bit since I started, such as how often I post, but at its creamy, milk chocolate center (mmmmm, chocolate), ©Written In Geek is all about offering a place where you can just pop in for a bit.
Here are a few things that I have learned along the way:
1. Online friends may not be the same as real world, “known them for 20 years” kinda friends, BUT they are friends none the less. Thank you to my online friends for sharing a bit of your life with me and allowing me to do the same.
2. I can actually write stuff. Heh, who knew? I started this blog to get out of a very long dry spell and now I can proudly say that I did NaNoWriMo and am actively pursuing writing stuff that I want to see published. On that note, the book is on hold for a bit right now. I really need to work on some of my writing weaknesses, so I am turning my attention to short stories and such. I will occasionally pop over to the novel to see if my characters are still speaking to me. 😉
3. I’ve taught myself how to do a podcast, and actually did one as an interview. For someone who is as shy as I am that is HUGE! I have actually done five interviews on this blog so far.
4. I have written about horror and I have written about laughter. I’ve shown my dark side and my lighter one. This forum has given me the chance to do that.
That’s pretty cool. 🙂
5. I am TOTALLY using this post as an excuse to avoid homework right now. 🙂
Well, I guess that I should stop here or else I won’t know what to post on my actual first anniversary. I have some ideas, but knowing me, I will probably make a decision around 10 o’clock the night before. No one has ever done a blog like that I’m sure. 😉
Thanks again everyone for hanging out with me. I hope to keep you amused for a very long time! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
Now, as many of you know I love my music, so today I will leave you with the following.
Have a fantastic weekend everyone!!!
Text © Written In Geek blog (2017) All rights reserved
Pictures © Written In Geek blog, used with subject’s permission or under public domain (2017)-feature image courtesy of Pixabay